Sunday, March 14, 2010

Damn you, Daylight Savings

I have definitely fallen off the writing wagon this weekend.

Friday day, my husband and I worked hard to put the finishing touches on a desk we have been repurposing for a mini-bar. Between that and making a cake for a little party we had planned to celebrate a friends birthday, my time was pretty much occupied. Friday night, the so called little party led to an empty bottle of tequila, a 3 a.m. trip to IHOP, and not getting to bed until 5 a.m. (all in all a good time considering I did not vomit or pass out at any point during the evening)

Saturday-the tequila caught up with me and royally kicked my ass. Most wicked hangover EVER. I had a perma-headache from the moment I woke up until I went to bed. Absolutely dreadful. So much so I have to ask myself- WTF were you thinking?!?!? Never again I tell you. Never again.

Sunday-slept in, woke up, looked at the clock. Noon. Thought to myself- No, it couldn't possibly be noon. Wrong. Damn you daylight savings! At no point in my life do I think to myself that I need to lose an hour. What sense does this make? None. People should really ask me about these things.

Looking back at my last three posts, they all pretty much consist of the same thing. I have too much to do and no time. And this is without even having a job! I have to go back to work soon and then what will happen? Next mission: I need a schedule ASAP!

Oh and below is a before and after picture of our newly re-finished mini bar! It is soooo cute!

BEFORE



AFTER




4 comments:

  1. Let me be your first comment. Keep plugging at it and it will all turn out okay. You might make a deal with yourself to write only one or two hours a day. A short time, but it can add up to a great deal of work done.

    Good luck,
    florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very good advice Florence. It seems that as long as I make my writing a regular habit- I accomplish more work and improve upon my writing more. And thank you for your support. I absolutely love your motivation for blogging and platform building, it motivates me as well! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nice Refinishing job! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Patrick! It took a long time, but it turned out great. My husbands grandmother built it in 69. When we stripped the paint we even found her signature on the back. It was a fun project and definitely a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete